Recipe by MacChef
I created this salad after having it at a favorite restaurant. Easy and great for entertaining. Other toss ins such as peppercinis and olives can be added. Remember though that the prosciutto and cheeses are salty so adjust accordingly. I have a bottle of Olive Gardens salad dressing that I like to use for this but your favorite will be delicious.
- 1 (10 ounce) bagof prechopped romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces thin sliced prosciutto
- 2 ounces gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup good Italian dressing
- 1 cup crouton
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the prosciutto in thin strips and saute in a little olive oil until crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Toss in all salad ingredients into a large bowl. Add dressing (1/2 cup may be more or less than you like so add to taste). Toss before serving and top each plate with 1/2 tablespoons of parmesian cheese. Enjoy!