Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Just found this in the Sunday newspaper coupon ads.
- 2 cups rotini pasta, cooked (about 1 cup dry)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb salami, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped (to taste)
- Combine all salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Whisk first 6 dressing ingredients together.
- Add basil to dressing.
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Season to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Toss again before serving.
I thought this was pretty good. The ingredients are a fabulous combination. I don't think the carrots added any flavor so next time I will leave them out. I used about 2 1/2 tablespoons of fresh basil because I served this at a picnic and did not want it to be too overpowering. I will add more next time. The dressing did seem like it was missing something. ZWT7-Count Dracula and his Hot Bites
While we liked this salad, we felt that something was missing from the dressing. After adding about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and some salt, we liked it a lot more. We loved all of the yummy things in it- salami, cheese, artichoke hearts. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers