Recipe by MsSally
I recently tried and really liked hummus. So I came up with my own version, loosly adapted from the back of the cumin canister. This is a basic recipe but one that DH and DD liked too. Hope you like it as well.
Top Review by gailanng
I left a message for my sister to stop over for cocktails and dip. I'm glad she called back. I can't tell you the number of times that I've searched for my phone only to have my cleavage vibrate. Oh, there it issssss! Good hummus with a capital O-O-D. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
- 15 ounces chickpeas, canned, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- water, for consistancy
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 7 ingredients in food processor and pulse. May need to add a little water to get to the correct consistancy. I also add just a tad more garlic powder and onion powder for flavor. We like garlic at my house, so that is your preference.
- Chill for 20 to 30 mins and enjoy with cut up vegetables, pita chips or crackers.