Recipe by Cupcake-Princess
This great hot fudge sauce recipe that I changed a bit, is from Mother's Bistro in Portland, Oregon. It is very quick to make and is perfect for topping ice cream with. I like it because it's not too sweet.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Went into this one fully expecting to be adding additional sugar, but surprise, surprise, it didn't happen ~ It was absolutely just right for us, & this keeper of a recipe is much appreciated, 'cause we love our fudge, chocoholics that we are! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream and butter to a simmer, stirring occansionly.
- Add sugars and stir until completley dissolved. Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth, making sure there are no clumps.
- Serve immediately over ice cream.