This red, white, and green jello is a classic addition to the holiday table (you can switch colors for other occasions). Recipe from "Celebrating 100 years of Jello." I speed-up the chilling time table by setting each bowl/pan over a larger bowl/pan of ice water (lots of ice). I do this with all my Jello and each stage is done in about 15-20 minutes. You need to check for required texture and not go by clock. I love making these layered desserts!
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any red flavor
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft mayonnaise
- Stir 1 cup boiling water into each flavor of gelatin in separate medium bowls at least 2 minutes, until dissolved.
- Stir 3/4 cup of the cold water into the red gelatin.
- Pour into 9-inch square pan.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until set but not firm to the touch (gelatin should still stick to the finger when touched).
- Meanwhile, stir lemon gelatin gradually into cream cheese in large bowl with whisk until smooth.
- (I use the blender for this step, because I don't like lumpy Jello).
- Stir in pineapple with the juice.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in whipped topping and mayonnaise.
- Spoon over red gelatin layer in pan.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set, but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger and should mound).
- Meanwhile, stir remaining 3/4 cold water into lime gelatin.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Spoon over lemon gelatin mixture in pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold and cut into squares.
- Garnish with small dollop of Cool Whip.