Recipe by mikedachef
A classic yet delicious Guacamole recipe
Top Review by nmr1008
This is a great classic guacamole!!! I have tried many others and all are just a little off or complicate guacamole too much. This one is simple and lets the flavors shine through. I loved it! Great with thin warm chips.
- 4 small avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno
- 0 red onion
- 118.29 ml cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate avocados into a medium bowl. Mash using fork. Add pressed garlic and mix.
- Finely mince a handful of cilantro. I've never measured cilantro in my life so I don't know how many tablespoons it is, but maybe close to half a cup. Add cilantro and mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion and mix. The reason your mixing every time is to further mash the avocado and of course to mix the flavors.
- Start boiling a small pot of water. Split jalapeno into quarters and remove the seeds. Finely chop the jalapeno add and mix. Slit an X in the bottom of your tomato and dip in boiling water for 30-45 seconds and immediately place under cold running water. Remove skin starting at your X.
- Slice tomato into 8ths and remove seeds. Dice and place into bowl and mix. Slice lime in two against the grain and drain using salad fork. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9VN1dVosjw.
- Mix in salt and pepper, cover, and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. I know some people say to eat guacamole right after prep, but the ingredients need time to marinate. Remove and enjoy with tortilla chips.