Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the old, classic, simple way of making a good guacamole. The Hass avacados give a wonderful buttery taste.
- 2 large ripe hass avocados
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, preferably romas,chopped
- 78.07 ml cilantro, chopped
- 44.37 ml finely minced onions
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1-2 jalapeno, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- Mash the avocado, leaving a few rough chunks.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve within 30 minutes with chips, or as a garnish to other dishes.
- It is best to make just before serving, but if you have to hold longer, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to keep from unsightly darkening.
Miss Annie, This is exactly how I make my guacamole and I just posted it today. Maybe I should have looked. I will be first to say that its the best guacamole I have ever had.
This is the PERFECT, no frills classic guacamole recipe. Thank you so much for posting. This recipe will now be a staple in my house and guacamole will no longer be just an expensive treat when we go out.
Miss Annie Yes...we love guacamole with lemon juice! I added a little hot sauce to it for a bite, and salsa. I also added a tsp of sour cream and a few turns of blk pepper. Absolutely great! Thank you for sharing this recipe.