Recipe by Miss Annie
This is the old, classic, simple way of making a good guacamole. The Hass avacados give a wonderful buttery taste.
Top Review by Gingerbear
Miss Annie, This is exactly how I make my guacamole and I just posted it today. Maybe I should have looked. I will be first to say that its the best guacamole I have ever had.
- 2 large ripe hass avocados
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, preferably romas,chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 -2 jalapeno, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the avocado, leaving a few rough chunks.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve within 30 minutes with chips, or as a garnish to other dishes.
- It is best to make just before serving, but if you have to hold longer, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to keep from unsightly darkening.