This sandwich features the tang of sharp cheddar tempered by the mild, smoothly melting Monterey Jack cheese. Recipe is from Cook's Country.
- Combine cheeses in bowl.
- Brush top side of each slice of bread with melted butter.
- Flip 4 slices over, sprinkle with cheese, and compact cheese lightly with hand.
- Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Place 2 sandwiches in pan and weight with round cake pan, pressing lightly.
- Leave cake pan on top and cook until first side is golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Flip sandwiches, press again with cake pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.