1/1 Photo of Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This sandwich features the tang of sharp cheddar tempered by the mild, smoothly melting Monterey Jack cheese. Recipe is from Cook's Country.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cheeses in bowl.
- 2Brush top side of each slice of bread with melted butter.
- 3Flip 4 slices over, sprinkle with cheese, and compact cheese lightly with hand.
- 4Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- 5Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- 6Place 2 sandwiches in pan and weight with round cake pan, pressing lightly.
- 7Leave cake pan on top and cook until first side is golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- 8Flip sandwiches, press again with cake pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 9Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.8
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.8 mg
- Sodium 676.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.9 g