Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an extremely easy recipe for the cooks-on-the-go. I got this recipe from the back of the cans of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. I can easily fix this recipe in a hurry and on a budget and my DH LOVES it. You cannot go wrong with this one... Cheese might even help - you know I add cheese to everything - that is why I am "CheesyGal."
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans french-style green beans or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Combine soup, milk, and pepper in a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish; mix well.
- Stir in beans and 2/3 cup of French fried onions.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup of onions.
- Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
This is THE best green bean casserole recipe. Substitute 3/4 cup sour cream for 3/4 cup milk and everyone will be asking you to make the GB casserole for years to come ;)
Perfect. I doubled it and added 2 tsp of soy sauce (only used 1 cup of milk). Used cut green beans and next time will try french. Thanks for the Thanksgiving keeper!
You're never too old to LOVE this stuff. I prefer it with the French style green beans.