Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's the dish everyone's expecting on the holidays, but it's so easy to make, you can serve it any day. What makes our green bean casserole so good? A secret ingredient - cream of mushroom soup.
- 304.75 g can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 0.25 ml ground black pepper
- 946.36 ml cooked cut green beans
- 314.66 ml French's® French Fried Onions
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- Flavor Variation: For Golden Green Bean Casserole, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.
This was very good and enjoyed on my Thanksgiving dinner by all. I agree not sure what the soy sauce did but this was very good, the only problem is I needed to go to the store on Thanksgiving because I ate the can of french fried onions the night before! I got this ready to bake that night.
I make this one minus the soy sauce.
Thanks!! This is the recipe that my Mom used to make. Its the soy sauce it adds that extra zing to the casserole. I love this when fresh string beans are used. Its great!