Recipe by Campbell's Kitchen
It's the dish everyone's expecting on the holidays, but it's so easy to make, you can serve it any day. What makes our green bean casserole so good? A secret ingredient - cream of mushroom soup.
Top Review by the80srule
It's those little French-fried onions dude. Why are they so gross out of the can but once they're on the greenbean pie, ZOMG! Can't get enough. And it's that smidgen of soy sauce that makes a world of difference! I like to use a little less milk so it comes out creamier, but this is a holiday classic up there with stuffing, pumpkin pie, and the wiggly cranberry jelly that retains the can's shape.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- Flavor Variation: For Golden Green Bean Casserole, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.