Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cambell's Soup home economists created this recipe in 1955, and it has been popular ever since. For many reasons it is delicious and easy to make, easy to remember and leaves room for creativity. From American Century Cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Mix soup, milk, soy sauce, and pepper in casserole.
- Stir in beans and half the onions.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until bubbling; stir well.
- Top with remaining onions, bake 5 minutes more and serve.
- Corn and Bean Amandine: Prepare as above substituting 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed golden corn soup for mushroom.
- After baking 25 minutes, mix in 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds; proceed as directed.
- Broccoli Bake: Prepare as directed, substituting 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of broccoli soup for mushroom and 1 (20 oz) package frozen broccoli cuts or 4 cups cooked and drained broccoli florets for beans.
Very Nice tasting dish. Made this for 6 and everyone enjoyed it. The Soy sauce makes this I think. I've never used it with green beans before. Thanks for a nice tasting dish. I'll make this again for sure.
Made this for the Bev Cook-A-Thon. Everyone enjoyed it! Tastes like my mom's recipe. Liked the addition of soy sauce. Thanks for an easy side dish!
Yum -- Love this! Great comfort food! Used canned green beans because I do not like the frozen ones. Thanks :)