I got this recipe from a short Greek guy who ran a small restaurant at my college that we frequented. I am using the same ingrediants that he used in his salad and the same dressing and I get compliments all the time.
- 946.36 ml romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 226.79 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- 158.51 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml oregano (or more to taste)
- 2.46 ml black pepper (or more to taste)
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- Mix the dressing. Mix the salad ingredients and toss with dressing to coat. Serve with toasted pita bread.
- Optionally, include a cucumber either sliced (I peel leaving stripes of green and then slice, looks pretty). Can substitute pimento stuffed salad olives. For best results use sheep's milk feta.