Recipe by Chez CC
I got this recipe from a short Greek guy who ran a small restaurant at my college that we frequented. I am using the same ingrediants that he used in his salad and the same dressing and I get compliments all the time.
Top Review by Suzie
I'm so pleased I found this while checking out recipes for the "New Kids on the Block" tag game. This was so Greek--read as "SO GOOD!" As much as I love Greek salads, I probably never would have stepped out on the limb and actually bought the ingredients to make one had I not been playing New Kids on the Block. I didn't care for the dressing at all. Too much oregano for my taste, even though I had cut it way back. The salad itself was superb! Thank you for sharing, Chez CC.
- 946.36 ml romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 226.79 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- 158.51 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml oregano (or more to taste)
- 2.46 ml black pepper (or more to taste)
- 4.92 ml sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dressing. Mix the salad ingredients and toss with dressing to coat. Serve with toasted pita bread.
- Optionally, include a cucumber either sliced (I peel leaving stripes of green and then slice, looks pretty). Can substitute pimento stuffed salad olives. For best results use sheep's milk feta.