I got this recipe from a short Greek guy who ran a small restaurant at my college that we frequented. I am using the same ingrediants that he used in his salad and the same dressing and I get compliments all the time.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix the dressing. Mix the salad ingredients and toss with dressing to coat. Serve with toasted pita bread.
- Optionally, include a cucumber either sliced (I peel leaving stripes of green and then slice, looks pretty). Can substitute pimento stuffed salad olives. For best results use sheep's milk feta.