from Real Simple magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Strain the pan juices into a fat separator or bowl.
- 2Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Skim and discard the fat from the surface; set the juices aside.
- 4Place the empty roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping to dissolve any bits stuck to the pan, for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the butter and melt.
- 7Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- 8Still stirring, slowly add first the broth, then 1 cup of the reserved juices.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer gently until the gravy has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat and season with the salt and pepper.
- 12Strain just before serving.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 389.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: