Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
from Real Simple magazine
- pan juices, from the turkey and roasting pan
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups turkey broth or 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Strain the pan juices into a fat separator or bowl.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Skim and discard the fat from the surface; set the juices aside.
- Place the empty roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping to dissolve any bits stuck to the pan, for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and melt.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Still stirring, slowly add first the broth, then 1 cup of the reserved juices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently until the gravy has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with the salt and pepper.
- Strain just before serving.