Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a classic gingersnap cookie with a definate bite, you may omit the cayenne if desired, the longer the cookie is baked the crispier it will be, these are very good!
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie/baking sheet.
- In a bowl cream butter or margarine with 1-1/4 cups sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and molasses until blended.
- In another bowl mix flour with ginger powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and beat until just blended.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls generously in sugar to coat.
- Place on cookie/baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the outsides are crackly looking.
- ***NOTE*** this dough freezes very well, just shape into balls and place on a cookie sheet, freeze and then throw the balls into a freezer bag.
I LOVED these gingersnaps! I did add the cayenne and I thought they were absolutely perfect...just what a gingersnap should taste like!