Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
you can replace chocolate chips for the chocolate chunks.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate, cocoa mix
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunk, divided
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Weigh, or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, and the next 5 ingredients through and including salt in a large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup chocolate chunks and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at high for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and eggs to chocolate mixture.
- Add milk mixture, 1/2 cup chocolate chunks, and 1/4 cup of the walnuts to flour mixture, and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into a 9 inch square metal baking pan, coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in corner comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
- Cool in pan or rack, and cut into squares.