Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a Bakers chocolate box.
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Combine sugar, salt, milk, and vanilla.
- Add sugar mixture to chocolate mixture, blending well together.
- Let stand, if necessary, until of spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Spread quickly, adding a small amt of milk if frosting thickens.
I've used this to coincide with a PAC 2009 adopted recipe (fudge Brownies). MMMMMMMMMM. The frosting has a lovely sheen to it and is so chocolatey!! Heaven. Thanks.
Excellent frosting recipe, not too sweet and a great consistency! I made this in a double boiler as I am always a wreck about burning chocolate. No need to do this though, I think it would have been just fine and probably much easier to just do this in a pan. It turned out delicious and spread very nicely. Thanks for posting! Made for Aussie Swap :)
*Reviewed for Aussie NZ Forum August 08 Recipe Swap* Quick and easy frosting that we made to frost your recipe#315445 with - turned out a wonderful cake that my family really enjoyed.