Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Brownie Bliss'
Make and share this Classic Fudge Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup pecan halves (or pieces)
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or dark chocolate chips)
- Grease a 9-inch square pan; line with parchment paper so that there is an approx 2 inch overhang on all sides.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Break the 3 1/2 oz chocolate into pieces and put in a heatproof bowl.
- Set the bowl over a pan of steaming water and melt the chocolate gently, stirring frequently.
- Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water; remove the bowl from the pan and set aside until needed.
- Put the butter in a large mixing bowl and use a hand-held electric mixer to beat until soft and creamy.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla extract and continue beating until the mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs; then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Sift the flour and cocoa directly onto the mixture and stir inches.
- When thoroughly combined add the nuts and the chopped chocolate and stir inches.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, spread evenly, and level the surface.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center comes out just clean.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Leave to cool in pan until just warm before removing and cutting into 20 pieces.
- Best eaten warm.
- Once cold, store in an airtight container and eat within 5 days.