Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The same recipe that used to be on the box years ago.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine All-Bran cereal and milk. Let stand 5 minutes or until softened. Add.
- egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with.
- cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm. Yield: 12 muffins.
- This from the All-Bran cereal box!
I made this recipe using 100% whole wheat flour and honey and I added raisins and walnuts. The muffins came out delicious; 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/2 cup honey 2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 cups all-bran cereal 1 cup and 2 TBls milk 1 egg 1/4 oil (I used canola) 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Hope this is helpful to those looking for an alternative to white flour and granulated sugar !!
Excellent. I used Raisin Bran instead of All Bran, substituted brown sugar for granulated sugar, and used half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour (5/8 cups of each - don't quite fill your 2/3 measuring cup all the way). This should bring the fiber to somewhere over 4 grams each muffin.
Great Recipe, I use the left overs of the Mini Wheats cereal, I just save them and when I have enough I use that instead of the all-bran cereal and they turn out great, also since the powder has lots of sugar left from the cereal I omit the sugar the recipe calls for. Just an idea for those like me that don't like to waste anything.