Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The same recipe that used to be on the box years ago.
Make and share this Classic from the Box All Bran Muffins Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine All-Bran cereal and milk. Let stand 5 minutes or until softened. Add.
- egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with.
- cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm. Yield: 12 muffins.
- This from the All-Bran cereal box!
I made this recipe using 100% whole wheat flour and honey and I added raisins and walnuts. The muffins came out delicious; 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/2 cup honey 2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 cups all-bran cereal 1 cup and 2 TBls milk 1 egg 1/4 oil (I used canola) 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Hope this is helpful to those looking for an alternative to white flour and granulated sugar !!
Great Recipe, I use the left overs of the Mini Wheats cereal, I just save them and when I have enough I use that instead of the all-bran cereal and they turn out great, also since the powder has lots of sugar left from the cereal I omit the sugar the recipe calls for. Just an idea for those like me that don't like to waste anything.
Excellent. I used Raisin Bran instead of All Bran, substituted brown sugar for granulated sugar, and used half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour (5/8 cups of each - don't quite fill your 2/3 measuring cup all the way). This should bring the fiber to somewhere over 4 grams each muffin.