1/1 Photo of Classic French Ratatouille
2 hrs 20 mins
A good veggie filling for an omelette or a rustic tart; can be served either warm or cold. This recipe makes alot, so you may want to halve it, -or-, freeze it in portions. From 'Modern French Classics' by Camille Le Foll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and dice the aubergines (eggplants). Place in a colander, sprinkle with salt. After 1 hour, rinse under running water and blot dry with paper towels.
- 2Peel and thinly slice the onions and garlic (remove the growing tip from the garlic). and fry lightly in olive oil, in a deep cooking pan, over medium heat. After a few minutes, add the diced aubergines.
- 3Rinse the peppers, remove the seeds and membrane and cut into fine strips. Add to the pan when the onions and aubergines are nicely browned. Add the thyme and rosemary sprigs, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds (I omit this step). Chop roughly.
- 5Rinse but do not peel the courgettes (zucchini) and cut into evenly sized pieces. Add the tomatoes and courgettes about 20 minutes after the seasoning, stir the contents of the pan and continue cooking until the vegetables have released their juices and begin to break down.
- 6Remove the herbs and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic French Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: