1/4 Photos of Classic French Fries
You really haven't lived until you've had home made fries. After the oil is cooled, filter it and reuse. So long as it'd not over heated it will last 5-6 frys.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2In a large dutch oven heat oil to 320 degrees.
- 3Peel potatoes and EVENLY cut fries into 1/4" x 1/4" strips of equal length.
- 4Place in a large bowl of cold water as you're slicing.
- 5Drain potatoes thoroughly, removing any excess water.
- 6When oil reaches 320 degrees, submerge the potatoes in the oil.
- 7Working in small batches, fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are pale and floppy.
- 8Remove from oil, drain, and cool to room temperature.
- 9Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees.
- 10Re-immerse fries and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 11Remove and drain on roasting rack.
- 12Season with kosher salt.
- 13Once again this is done is small batches and will need to be kept warm in the oven until all potatoes are fried.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g