Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the classic French dessert or snack crepe. Sure, you can fill dessert crepes with all sorts of jams and mousses, but, simple as this is, it's simply delicious. You can get these at crepe stands on Paris street corners. (Preparation time I've listed does not include cooking the crepes).
- Amounts can be adjusted according to personal taste and the size of your crepes.
- Cut the butter into little pieces.
- Put 1-2 little pieces of butter into a skillet and put the crepe on top of them.
- Scatter the rest of the little pieces of butter over the top of the crepe.
- Let them melt a little.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the melty butter.
- After a few seconds, the sugar will be starting to melt into the butter a little bit but will still be somewhat granular.
- Fold the left third of the crepe over the middle, then fold the right third over that, and let the folded crepe heat in the pan for a few more seconds.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and eat it hot-- the sugar should be mostly melted into the butter, with a hint of pleasantly grainy sugariness at moments.