Prep1 hr 30 mins
Make and share this Classic Flax Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Set aside 1 cup flour.
- Mix remaining flour, flax seed, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Heat water, milk, and oil until hot to the touch (about 125-130°F) but DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir milk mixture into dry mixture. Mix in enough reserved flour to make a soft dough that does not stick to the bowl.
- Turn out onto floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in 1/2 and shape into loaves.
- Place into 2 greased (8 ½ inch x 4 ½ inch) loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough has doubled in volume (about 40-50 minutes).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.