1/2 Photos of Classic Flax Bread
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set aside 1 cup flour.
- 2Mix remaining flour, flax seed, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl.
- 3Heat water, milk, and oil until hot to the touch (about 125-130°F) but DO NOT BOIL.
- 4Stir milk mixture into dry mixture. Mix in enough reserved flour to make a soft dough that does not stick to the bowl.
- 5Turn out onto floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- 6Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.
- 7Divide dough in 1/2 and shape into loaves.
- 8Place into 2 greased (8 ½ inch x 4 ½ inch) loaf pans.
- 9Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough has doubled in volume (about 40-50 minutes).
- 10Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30-35 minutes.
- 11Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Flax Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 201.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g