Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is restaurant's claim to fame. It is easy, and can be finished tableside with a flair, just like the pros do it. Nothing can go wrong with this dish, as there are few ingredients. Just have your ingredients ready and a big spoon and fork to toss with. If you do want to finish it in the dining room, have a sterno burner ready for your chafing dish or an electric skillet set on low and have your ingredients in attractive containers.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- boiling water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook Noodles in salted water according to package directions, approx 10-15 minutes.
- Drain well and place in a container (chafing dish or skillet) large enough to allow enough room to toss slippery noodles without accident.
- Place over low heat or sterno.
- Add butter in several hunks to the noodles and stir gently until it melts and coats them well.
- Add the cream and stir in a generous amount of black pepper.
- (Use a peppermill here if you have one).
- Add the cheese, saving a small amount for later use on top of portions (Cheese is sometimes grated into the dish, but I like to have mine ready).
- Stir as mixture thickens and clings to noodles.
- Serve immediately.
- Pass the remaining cheese.
This was the most superb! Excellent! I made it just like the recipe said except I did add some steamed Broccoli and Califlower in it. I served it along with baked Italian Garlic chicken.
this was soooo good!! i added some chopped garlic and a little bit of parsley. i will serve it next time with garlic chicken as suggested in your other rating! this is will be made again and agian in oour house!! thanks!!!
Donna, this was wonderful. We just had this for dinner tonight and I did some chicken breast with butter and garlic and sliced over the top when it was done. So easy to put together and very much enjoyed by my family. Thanks for your recipe.