1/1 Photo of Classic Family Fish Cakes
This recipe is from Ainsley Harriot's Gourmet Express. It the only one I use to make fish cakes for the family. It's very very easy and a favourite with my kids - the perfect combination for me!
My Private Note
Fish Ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water and drain and mash well when tender.
- 2Meanwhile, place the fish in a saute or frying pan and cover with boiling water; Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until just cooked.
- 3Drain the fish and remove the skin; Flake the fish with a fork, discarding any bones.
- 4Mix together the potatoes, fish, boiled egg, chives and salt and pepper; Using your hands, shape the mixture into 4 or 8 even sized cakes.
- 5Dust the fish cakes with the seasoned flour, dip in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs, making sure they are fully covered.
- 6Heat the oil in a frying pan and shallow-fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Family Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 192.5 mg
- Sodium 1068.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 35.7 g