Recipe by French Tart
Entrecote Bordelaise is a French classic, impressive yet simple to prepare - it is a very chic way to serve a steak! Here are my easy step by step instructions for a perfect Entrecote Bordelaise! Serve with sauté potatoes or frites and haricots verts......and a good bottle of Saint Emilion, from the little Medieval town just to the east of Bordeaux.
Top Review by clsicgrl81
I never rate recipes, but....This was the best!!! Try it you will love it! I didn't have the parsley, and it was still amazing!!! Can't wait to make it again! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
- 2 (300 g) entrecote steaks
- 100 g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100 ml red wine
- 200 ml demi-glace or 200 ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the steaks.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat the pan to smoking point and add half the butter. Place the steak in the pan and brown it on both sides - give it about two to three minutes on each side to seal it first, then let the meat cook through to your taste. Do both steaks in this way and then set them aside.
- Cook the shallots.
- In the same pan, (drain excess butter if needed), cook the shallots. Put them in the pan and stir from time to time until they are soft and starting to turn golden.
- Deglaze the pan.
- When the shallots are done add the red wine to the pan and give it a good stir.
- Now, add the demi glace or beef stock to the pan and stir until everything is blended, then leave it to simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced.
- Cut the remaining butter into small pieces and add them to the sauce one at a time, mixing so that they melt into the mixture: this will give the sauce a rich flavour and give it an appetising glossy finish,.
- Plate the dish.
- Cut the meat across the grain into thick slices and arrange them on a plate.
- Add some chopped parsley to the sauce, then pour little of the sauce over each steak.
- Serve the rest of the sauce in a gravy boat.
- You might like to serve it with sauté potatoes, frites and some haricot verts.