Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Classic English Toffe recipe from Food.com.
- Line pan with heavy foil or wax paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, water & salt in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Continue boiling about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until hard crack stage (305-310).
- Watch closely -- do not let get above 310.
- Immediately pour onto prepared pan & sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Break into pieces & store in airtight container.