These are great with all kinds of cooked meats, and gravy of course!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, suet, parsley and chives in a bowl.
- 2Season well with salt and freshly ground white pepper, then stir in enough stock to form a fairly stiff but still elastic dough that will leave the sides of the bowl clean.
- 3Heat the remaining stock in a large pan until boiling.
- 4Shape the dumpling dough into rounds about two bites big.
- 5Drop into the bubbling beef stock, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until light and well puffed up.
- 6Remove from stock and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic English Suet Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g