Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great with all kinds of cooked meats, and gravy of course!
- 12 ounces flour
- 6 ounces shredded suet
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 3⁄4 pints cold beef stock
- Mix the flour, suet, parsley and chives in a bowl.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground white pepper, then stir in enough stock to form a fairly stiff but still elastic dough that will leave the sides of the bowl clean.
- Heat the remaining stock in a large pan until boiling.
- Shape the dumpling dough into rounds about two bites big.
- Drop into the bubbling beef stock, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until light and well puffed up.
- Remove from stock and serve.