Recipe by Um Safia
A quick & easy recipe for an Egyptian style omlette - great for breakfast or with a fresh salad for a light lunch.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is good. I used sweet butter (unsalted), sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, plum tomatoes, light feta cheese, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for WELCOME TO EGYPT!
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin and slice the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the onion and lightly fry in the butter in a large frying pan.
- Crush the garlic and add to the onion. When lightly browned, add the tomatoes and salt and pepper. Cook gently, turning several times, until tomatoes are soft.
- Beat the eggs lightly, add cheese and pour into the frying pan. Cook over low heat, periodically loosening egg from sides of pan, until set on one side.
- Turn and cook on reverse side.