Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the local paper
- 2 -2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 ounce fast rising yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl.
- Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120 to 130 F). Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces, shape into balls. Place in greased 8 inch round pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 20 minutes or until done. Rebove from pan; brush with additional butter, if desired.
- Server warm.
I made half a recipe in the dough cycle of my bread machine that made 4 large dinner rolls. They turned out and tasted good.