These are an easy-to-make pickle that are tangy. In my humble opinion, much better than store-bought. You can taste the garlic and other spices. The nice thing about this recipe is it is fast and easy to modify to your taste. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- Trim the ends of the cucumbers.
- Quarter each cucmber lengthwise.
- In a large non-reactive bowl toss cucumber spears with 2 tablespoons of the kosher salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Rinse the cucumbers several times and pat dry.
- In a small saucepan, add water and vingear and one tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add dill, garlic, peppercorns, celery seeds and mustard seeds to a clean 1-quart jar.
- Pack container with cucumber spears.
- Pour hot brine into container.
- Let pickles cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate for one day to develop flavor.
- The pickles shoud keep for about a month. But mine never last that long. The pickles start out crunchy, but after time soften.