Recipe by AmyZoe
Glad I doubled this recipe. They disappeared faster than it took to make them. I will post the recipe as written, but I did use 12 eggs and a spicy brown mustard for a little kick. Recipe courtesy of Mary Nolan from Chic and Easy.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- smoked spanish paprika, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs.
- Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water.
- Gently dry with paper towels (I used a kitchen towel).
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.