Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There is nothing particularly unique about these - I am surprised nothing similar is posted. I am posting it because I have started making this all the time instead of my other recipe, Betty's Deviled Eggs. I originally got this recipe from 500 Low-Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender. According to the cookbook, each egg half should have a trace of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 3 grams of protein.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard or 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon vege-sal
- Slice the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks into a sieve or fine mesh strainer set over a mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula or spoon, press the yolks through the holes of the sieve. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and mix until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites. Sprinkle with a little paprika for color.