Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Dessert of the Day’
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double-boiler over (not touching) barely simmering water, and heat, stirring often, until melted.
- Remove from over the water and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla until blended.
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top and whisk slowly just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, 35-40 minutes.
- Be careful not to overbake.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.