Classic Cup Cafe's Cookies
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, orange peel and orange extract. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in cherries and pistachio nuts.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 11-inch-long-roll. Wrap dough in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator for 2 to 48 hours, or in freezer for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to slice.
- Cut rolls into 1/2-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake in 375 oven 8 to 10 minutes; or until edges are firm and slight golden brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool.
- If you like decorate the cookies. Drizzle with melted white chocolate or sprinkle with powdered sugar.