3 hrs 8 mins
Tai Chi Momma's Note:
From the Classic Cup Cafe in Kansas City, Missouri.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried cherries or 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nut
- melted white baking chocolate or sifted powdered sugar
- 1In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, orange peel and orange extract. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in cherries and pistachio nuts.
- 3Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 11-inch-long-roll. Wrap dough in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator for 2 to 48 hours, or in freezer for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to slice.
- 4Cut rolls into 1/2-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake in 375 oven 8 to 10 minutes; or until edges are firm and slight golden brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool.
- 5If you like decorate the cookies. Drizzle with melted white chocolate or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Cup Cafe's Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 44
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 30.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: