Recipe by Rhonda O
This Recipe comes from the Favorite Brand Name Recipe Cookbook.My Mother made a dish similar to this.She also added sliced onion.A Cool Dish for a Hot Summer Day Enjoy!
- 3 -4 peeled cucumbers (under 7 inch)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill or 1 tablespoon chives
- onion and garlic-flavored croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cucumbers thinner than you thought possible.
- (Use potato slicer) Sprinkle with salt and let stand in icebox for 2 to 3 hours.
- Rinse in cold water and squeeze out all the moisture you can.
- Make dressing from sour cream, sugar, vinegar, pepper and dill.
- Fold in Cucumbers and return to icebox until served.
- Garnish with Onion and Garlic Croutons.