Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
Top Review by lilypads
After years of searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe,this is it! I am not sure what makes these the best, maybe the addition of vinegar, but these are truly the most tasty cc cookie I have ever had the pleasure of baking.Unbelievably good. Deserves a million stars, thankyou for submitting this perfect recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a big bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla, salt, and vinegar.
- Beat in the egg, then the baking soda and flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets; bake for 12-14 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.