Prep 40 mins
Cook 28 mins
King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
Make and share this Classic Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a big bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla, salt, and vinegar.
- Beat in the egg, then the baking soda and flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets; bake for 12-14 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
These are the cookies I've been searching for! Thank you for posting this recipe! If you were here, I'd kiss you! They are crunchy, perfect, melt in your mouth, yum! They are so good that nobody even cared that my daughter dropped half the egg shell into the batter while the mixer was still running (extra crunch, right?). I can finally stop looking for this cookie. There's a place in our area called Terrigno's Bakery and they make big, giant, cracked top, crunchy cookies that I've been trying to reproduce for over 15 YEARS!!! I love them and these are it! I was able to get 3 dozen 3 inch cookies and one monster 7 or 8 inch cookie. I took a photo of the monster next to the regulars so you could see it:). I cooked the regulars for 15 minutes and the monster took 20 minutes. Thanks again! I'm heading off to throw away all of my other chocolate chip cookie recipes.