Recipe by redplaid huf
This recipe comes from the Slow cooker email group on yahoo. The perfect combination of tomatoes, beans and beef. So simple to throw together in the morning and wonderful to come home to.
Top Review by scheme31
Like the other review said, this is a good base to start with. I made a couple modifications. I also doubled the recipe and found the recipe 'as is' will be a very thick chili. Instead, I used 2 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes and added a cup of water to get the consistancy I like. I also added a couple tablespoons of cayenne pepper and salt for taste once it was finished cooking.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (14 ounce) can black beans or 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 sweet onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chile, diced (optional)