1/3 Photos of Classic Crisco Single Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spoon flour into measuring cup and level.
- 2Combine flour and salt in medium bowl.
- 3Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until all flour is blended to form pea-size chunks.
- 4Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 5Toss lightly with fork until dough forms a ball.
- 6Press dough between hands to form 5- to 6-inch"pancake".
- 7Flour rolling surface and rolling pin lightly Roll dough into circle.
- 8Trim circle 1 inch larger than upside-down pie plate.
- 9Carefully remove trimmed dough.
- 10Set aside to reroll and use for pastry cutout garnish, if desired.
- 11Fold dough into quarters.
- 12Unfold and press into pie plate.
- 13Fold edge under.
- 15For recipes using a baked pie crust, heat oven to 425°F.
- 16Prick bottom and side thoroughly with fork (50 times) to prevent shrinkage.
- 17Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 18For recipes using an unbaked pie crust, follow directions given for that recipe.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Crisco Single Crust
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1511.2
- Calories from Fat 937
- Total Fat 104.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1166.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g