Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I have used for over 30 years. Any family potluck dinner we have, I am always on potato salad duty. I bring a double batch of this old favourite. It always goes fast and I have given out the recipe many times over the years. I cheat a little and make a lower-fat version for my family, but always make the full-fat version for company. New, red potatoes may be used with skins on. This is a chunky one, not meant to be mashed.
- 8 medium potatoes, about 6 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise, full fat
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, hard cooked and chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Cool then cut into cubes.
- In large bowl stir together mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, salt, pepper and eggs. Add cooked, sliced, cubed potatoes and celery. Toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate (the longer the better for flavours to blend and potato salad to chill). Sprinkle with paprika and egg rings if desired.
Wonderful classic potato salad recipe. Made this for my son's band party after the football game, it was a big hit. Thanks!PAC Fall 08