Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the way that that upscale restaurants serve their corn, served separate in a small dish.
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar and white pepper; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Add in flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add in the corn mixture; mix well to combine.
- Set oven to broil.
- Place the corn in a casserole dish and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil under heat until browned.
This is delicious! My daughters and I loved it! It made a lot though so if you're a small family like mine, might want to cut it in half. We had enough for tonight's dinner and tomorrow's.
HOLY CORN COW! I made this tonight(really to serve with tomorrow night's dinner), but it's an ultimate lip smacker!! I don't use cream, ever, as I just can't use enough to keep it fresh, so I always sub "WHOLE" evaporated milk. Afterall, that's what I grew up eating in such dishes, since we never had whipping cream as kids.....well we did, but we put it on other things as it was taken off the top of the fresh milk that came from the dairy daily(gallon wide mouth jugs with waxed paper screwed down under the top).....LOL....I remember "the milk lady cometh"....she drove a '52 convertible Plymouth/Grey..... Lot's of "asides" I have given here. Anyway, since I only feed myself and a n'bor(from time to time), I had no hesitation to scoop out a bowl of this delish dish tonight. I deem you "Killercal".....LOL!!! Lovingly, of course!
This was TOTALLY yummy!! Very good for just us, or would be awesome at a potluck. Definately will be making again. Thanks for the recipe.