Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in a coupon circular. It is a Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles recipe. I have leftover ham from Sunday's dinner and plan on making this because it really sounds delicious and a great dish to use up that leftover ham!
- 12 ounces pennsylvania dutch wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, julienne cut
- 1 cup green pepper, julienne cut
- 1 cup carrot, julienne cut
- 1 cup ham, julienne cut
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain, saving 1/2 cup noodle-cooking water.
- Melt margarine in large skillet; add onions, peppers, carrots an saute about 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Add ham; stir 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Stir in noodles, noodle water, Parmesan cheese; blend well.
- Salt& pepper to taste.
We've tried this recipe today, and liked it a lot! Even our 6-year old had a second serving. We loved the crispy veggies, but I substituted green peppers with red ones, as I think they're sweeter.