Recipe by gimme_a_spachler'
Got this from my mom's bf. His mother made it every holiday.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this unusual recipe (Can't remember ever making this kind of dressing!) to share with a neighbor family as sort of a trial before the winter holidays! Used some homemade cornbread, baking powder biscuits & slices of sourdough bread! Neighbors loved it & we liked it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- pre-made cornbread (2 pans, both 8x8 pans)
- 6 biscuits
- 5 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (28 1/2 ounce) carton chicken broth (3 cups)
- sage (we wind up using almost a whole 1.25oz can. I know that sounds like alot, but remember this is a big)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix all ingredients together and add broth until the mixture is soupy.
- Grease a 9x12 pan and pour mixture into the pan.
- Bake for atleast an hour, check to see if its done. It's best with a good crispy top, so be sure not to cover the pan!