Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this from my mom's bf. His mother made it every holiday.
Make and share this Classic Cornbread Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- pre-made cornbread (2 pans, both 8x8 pans)
- 6 biscuits
- 5 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (28 1/2 ounce) carton chicken broth (3 cups)
- sage (we wind up using almost a whole 1.25oz can. I know that sounds like alot, but remember this is a big)
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix all ingredients together and add broth until the mixture is soupy.
- Grease a 9x12 pan and pour mixture into the pan.
- Bake for atleast an hour, check to see if its done. It's best with a good crispy top, so be sure not to cover the pan!