Top Review by Sharon123
I enjoy trying cole slaw recipes and I enjoyed eating this one. I do like just a little sweetness in mine so I added about a tbls. of sugar. I also added a little celery, just cause I had some.I enjoyed the caraway seeds and celery seeds. Thanks Mimi, for a nice salad!
- 1 small green cabbage, cored and sliced as thinly as possible
- 1 small red cabbage, cored and sliced as thinly as possible
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, green and white parts, finely chopped (green onions, spring onions)
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of branston's pickle (This can be found in the "Irish Section" of Stop & Shop)
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon celery seed (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl and cover with ice water.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and drain thoroughly.
- Combine the cabbage, celery, scallions, and carrots in a large bowl.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the cabbage mixture.
- Toss to combine well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.