Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I'm very picky about my coleslaw. Most recipes are either too sweet or too tangy for my taste. This one is the perfect combination for my taste buds. This recipe is by Old Gringo on Group Recipe website.
- Prepare the vegetables by slicing, shredding or grating very thin.
- Toss the vegetable ingredients to mix well.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Fold the dressing into the tossed vegetables and refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- May be made ahead. Toss occasionally to keep the dressing distributed over the vegetables.
I added a bit of balsamic vinegar. I really like it so thought can't go wrong. It was delicious and I am also picky with coleslaw. Loved the recipe
This is an excellent coleslaw recipe! I added paper-thin slices of purple onion instead of grating (I like using the mandolin more than the grater) and reduced the sugar just a tad since DH is trying to avoid refined whites. It still had a hint of sweetness that we both enjoyed. I also like that the dressing doesn't have milk or buttermilk like some other coleslaw recipes - the slaw stayed nice and creamy and wasn't a sopping mess by the time I served it. Thanks for posting!
Yum! Very good coleslaw. The seasoning was just right. Thanks! Made for the TYM Tag game in the Cookbook forum.