Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love Club Sandwiches and came up with this one afternoon using DH's favorite sandwich ingredients which are Turkey, Bacon and Swiss Cheese. He declared it delicious! :) The technique is not hard as long as you get your ingredients together and create an assembly line. Use a good sharp serated knife to easily cut these into bite size triangles.
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 18 slices white bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices deli sliced turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 18 slices tomatoes, about 3 med
- 12 slices bacon, crisply fried
- salt and pepper
- Spread mayonnaise over 1 side of each slice of toast, (this will be the glue that holds your sandwich together).
- Place 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of turkey on each of 6 toast slices. Cover with second slice of toast. Top with lettuce leaf, 3 slices tomato and 2 slices bacon. Sprinkle with salt and generous amount of cracked black pepper. Cover with third slice of toast; secure with wooden picks. To serve, cut diagonally into triangles. 6 servings.
This sandwich was just wonderful! We loved the tomatoes and bacon in this. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe.
I made this sandwich for DBF for his lunch today and he really liked it a lot. He said next time he'd like it if the bacon were warm and not cold. That's just his personal preference and i'm not holding that against this recipe though. Looks like i'll definitely be making this again for him! Thanks for posting!
Absolutely yummy! I was out of mayo, so I used mustard instead. I also added in some deli sliced ham in with the bacon layer. Very good served with Evie*'s Tomato and Pasta Soup. Thanks for sharing this recipe!